Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dana White UFC President

I like Dana White. I never met the man. However, there is a couple of things that I appreciate about him. As a Director of several different Engineering organizations, watching others practice their management/leadership styles can be very enlightening.

1. Dana White is an excellent President of his company (UFC). He has demonstrated a great understanding of what his competition is doing and he has acted in ways to crush the competition and propel his company's brand name worldwide. He's thrusted the UFC name into the average household making it a common word in everyday speech.

2. As a manager and more importantly a leader of his organization, he's taken some pretty aggressive business moves to maintain his market dominance.

3. He's originally from Boston...

While many will argue that Mr. White is not good for the sport, I would argue that his strategic moves for his company have been good for the sport.

As a management professional, I applaud his tenacity and guts to do what he thinks is right.

He has balls.

I'd like to work with him.

No comments: